Do you have access to the best teaching books at your school? If so, you are rare. Only 1 in 3 schools has a teacher CPD library. Which is crazy. AND WE WANT TO HELP CHANGE IT.
Teachers need access to the latest ideas on teaching techniques and, crucially, it’s important to remain a learner so you can challenge previously held ideas and continue improving your practice.
Enter: the ‘Teacher Tapp Teacher CPD Canon’ – a list of books we think every teacher should have access to, AND WE ARE GOING TO SEND THE WHOLE LOT TO ONE LUCKY SCHOOL. ?
How does it work? Every question you answer on Teacher Tapp in August works as a raffle ticket. If you answer every set of the daily three questions you will have 93 tickets in the final draw. If you do less (why would you do less?) then you’ll get fewer. (Get the app via this page)
What does Teacher Tapp get out of it? We’re intrigued about what teachers do in their summer holidays. We can’t see any prior research on this. So yes, we would like you to answer the questions. But also, we think these books are important.
Why should you take part? Because free books! And fun questions! And you learn stuff along the way via the free, daily CPD bullet and our Monday questions. (If you don’t know what we do, seriously, go here and get the app).
I’m in! But…
What’s in the Teacher Tapp Teacher CPD Canon?
Great question! Here they are:
- Closing the Vocabulary Gap by Alex Quigley
- Embedded Formative Assessment by Dylan Wiliam
- Full on Learning by Zoe Elder and Ian Gilbert
- Make It Stick by Brown, Roediger and McDaniel
- Making Every Lesson Count by Shaun Allison and Andy Tharby
- Making Good Progress by Daisy Christodoulou
- Measuring Up by Daniel Koretz
- Memorable Teaching by Peps McCrea
- Responsive Teaching by Harry Fletcher-Wood
- Teach Like a Champion 2.0 by Doug Lemov
- The Hidden Lives of Learners by Graham Nuthall
- The Rosenshine Principles by Tom Sherrington
- Dual Coding With Teachers by Ollie Cavigoli
- The Writing Revolution by Judith Hochman and Natalie Wexler
- Thinking Reading by James Murphy and Dianne Murphy
- What Does This Look Like in the Classroom by Carl Hendrick and Robin MacPherson
- What Every Teacher Needs to Know About Psychology by David Didau and Nick Rose
- When the Adults Change Everything Changes by Paul Dix
- Why Don’t Students Like School: by Dan Willingham
- Why Knowledge Matters by E D Hirsch
That’s over £300 worth of books… and it can all be in your school library from September
DISAGREE WITH OUR CHOICES? That’s okay!
Let us know on twitter, via @TeacherTapp, what you think we’ve missed and why. (And which books we should swap out, and why).
We are going to update the Canon again the future. But we think this lot are pretty hard to beat.
Right, ONE LAST? TIME?:
If you want the Teacher Tapp Canon for your school:
Answer 3 questions each day on the Teacher Tapp App throughout August .
At the end of the month, we will do a prize draw for the whole library
ALSO – AS A BONUS – WE WILL DO SOME SPOT PRIZES FOR PEOPLE WITH THE LONGEST STREAKS AND MOST QUESTIONS ANSWERED. This will mostly be mugs, pens, and other Teacher Tapp related stationery. But hey – those things are collectors’ items. (Probably).
Any questions, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full terms and conditions are here!