Teachers help us in the background to run Teacher Tapp each day, particularly in suggesting questions and checking they work in their setting. But we’d like to try taking this one step further by opening the lid on the whole Teacher Tapp machine for the day! So, on Saturday 26th October we are hosting our very first Teacher Tapp Hackathon in central London.
This is an event for anyone who wants to have a go at asking wacky questions, creating bizarre data visualisations or writing funny blogs about the lives of teachers. We can promise you’ll learn a little, you’ll have fun along the way, and might even win a prize for your contributions.
There is no charge for this event. Even better, lunch and coffees are included, and we’ll be finished at #teachertapptime so that you can get back to tapping (or perhaps hang around and have a drink with us). If you are interested in coming, then click on this Eventbrite link.
The agenda for the day will look something like this:
- 10:30-11:00 – arrive and coffee
- 11:00-11:30 – Becky and Laura introduce how things are done at Teacher Tapp and explain the activities for the day
- 11:30-12:45 – Breakout Session One. Choices to include: (1) writing questions or quizzes; (2) turning charts into stories; (3) creating analysis from data
- 12:45-1:30 – Lunch with some surprise activities for the quick eaters
- 1:30-2:45 – Breakout Session Two. Choices to include: (1) writing questions or quizzes; (2) turning charts into stories; (3) creating analysis from data
- 2:45-3:30 – Presentations and prize-giving!
Sign up on Eventbrite and we look forward to meeting you very soon!